Our practical guide to event management was published to provide a resource of general advice and support material for event managers.
Primarily, it has been designed as a support tool for the National Events Programme but it may also be of interest to the wider events sector. The aim of this guide is to assist effective event management through the provision of a step-by-step guide to the planning process, together with sample checklists and adaptable templates.
To download the chapters, please click the blue heading links.
- Chapter 1: Where to start – General Planning
- Chapter 2: Business Planning
- Chapter 3: Putting the Team Together
- Chapter 4: Budgets and Financial Management
- Chapter 5: Making It Add Up – Fundraising
- Chapter 6: The Programme
- Chapter 7: Legal Issues
- Chapter 8: Insurance
- Chapter 9: Event Production, Operations, Equipment, Facilities, Health & Safety
- Chapter 10: Operational Communications
- Chapter 11: Marketing and Communications
- Chapter 12: Visitor Research
- Chapter 13: Post-Event
- Appendix: CONTACTS & RESOURCES