The International Funding Programme is at the very core of EventScotland’s business. Through this programme of investment, EventScotland is funding major, world class events which are raising the profile of Scotland’s Perfect Stage around the world.
Events supported through the International Funding Programme must:
- - Generate substantial economic benefits for Scotland through increased visitation including tourists, spectators and participants
- - Highlight Scotland as an events and tourism destination through high profile, international media coverage
- -Enhance Scotland’s opportunities to host further major events
Please consider the following questions to assist you in assessing the likelihood of your event fitting the criteria for funding through EventScotland’s International Programme:
- Does your event have potential to contribute to the delivery of Scotland's National Events Strategy Scotland The Perfect Stage?
- Will your event bring a significant number of spectators/participants to Scotland? Will your event provide significant international media coverage of Scotland?
- Will your event provide an economic return on investment through additional visitor spending?
- Will your event leave a sustainable legacy for Scotland?
Please note: that some of the International Events Programme is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund Programme 2014 to 2020. The Scottish Government is the managing authority for the European Regional Development Fund Programme.