Blair Castle International Horse Trials are looking for up to three high calibre (paid) interns to join them and be part of a dynamic team in their busy office in Blair Atholl. The role(s) will also involve outdoor tasks; including some weekend and evening work, especially leading up to and during the event in August.
Office based tasks:
· Competitors Entries - BSJA, Ex Racer and Clydesdale.
· Box Office fulfillment – handling telephone and email bookings. Picking and sending tickets orders.
· Taking ownership of the organisation and delivery of a particular aspect of the event.
· Compiling and sending out mailings, such as: competitor’s entry confirmation packs; trade stand packs.
· Helping to compile content and proof-checking the event programme.
· Replying to spectator, sponsor, competitor, volunteer and trade stand enquiries via both phone and email.
· Assisting with event marketing activities.
Specific skills, experience and qualifications required include:
· PC skills, Microsoft Office
· Good interpersonal skills whether via telephone, face-to-face or in writing
· Basic equestrian experience essential!
· Establishing Event infrastructure including setting up the arenas, scoreboards and event information points.
· Painting fences and arena posts.
· Post-event clearing and clean up.
· Putting up posters and distributing leaflets around the local area.
During the event itself:
· Helping to run the Event Information Tent, dealing with anything from competitors collecting prize money, lost children, programme sales, general queries from the public…
· Briefing, managing and deploying volunteers to their roles.
· Generally helping wherever is necessary – maybe stewarding a collecting ring for BSJA, or helping score collectors.
To be part of this friendly and successful team you will pride yourself on providing excellent customer service even when under pressure and working to tight deadlines. The ability to fit in, muck in and work long and hard is vital, but we have a very friendly, welcoming team and we do have fun even whilst stuffing hundreds of envelopes and painting all those posts!
In return, we can give you a great experience of working on a prestigious international equestrian event in a beautiful part of Scotland.
Accommodation on site is provided (a no-frills but comfortable shared flat) and, whilst Blair Atholl is a small, quiet village, there are plenty of other seasonal staff and a good local pub.
Start dates vary between May and June, finishing in September.