A single, money-can't-buy 'Golden Ticket' will be included into the forthcoming ballot for The 2014 Ryder Cup, Ryder Cup Europe has announced.
The ‘Golden Ticket’ will incorporate unique experiences, special access to private areas and exclusive privileges, while the winning applicant will also get their match ticket for free. European Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley will telephone the winner personally to break the news.
This is the first time a ‘Golden Ticket’ has been included in a Ryder Cup ticket ballot, which closes on July 22. The ‘Golden Ticket’ includes:
• A telephone call from European Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley to break the news
• Special chaperoned clubhouse access – the clubhouse is off limits to all but players, caddies and team management during The Ryder Cup
• Reserved seats at the 1st tee (you must be in situ ½ hour before tee off)
• One pin flag used during The 2014 Ryder Cup, which will be framed and signed by the European team and captain
• European team wear – the winner will be sent exclusive replicas of the kit worn by Team Europe when playing on the day they attend. These uniforms are exclusive to the European Ryder Cup team as they include an embroidered “Team Europe” logo and are not seen or worn anywhere in the world until the match day on which they are used, and then only by the players themselves
• Free matchday ticket valid for the match day or days applied for, and for all applicants registered on a single application (it is possible to apply for several tickets on one application)
• Lunch in a hospitality facility
European Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley said: “For a player, appearing at a Ryder Cup is the pinnacle of team golf, and you can see from the thrilling matches down the years just how it brings out the best in them. For a fan, therefore, the ‘Golden Ticket’ must be the ultimate way to enjoy the event. I think it’s a fantastic idea to enable someone to experience the best elements of The Ryder Cup – from the unique atmosphere of the first tee, to the clothes the team will wear on the day and, of course, getting to see inside the clubhouse.”
With just under a month to go before the ballot closes, all applicants will have a chance to win the Ryder Cup Golden Ticket, including those who have already submitted applications in the ballot.
Richard Hills, European Ryder Cup Director, said: “The Ryder Cup is all about unique experiences. From the moment you arrive on course, the special atmosphere takes your breath away. We wanted to embrace those unique elements of The Ryder Cup and devise a ticket that would make your visit to Gleneagles a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
Golf fans eager to get their hands on a highly-prized Ryder Cup ticket must complete a two-stage process that includes registering a photograph, before applying for tickets. Daily Tickets range in price from a £10 concession ticket for Under 16s on the Practice Days, to £145 for a Sunday ticket, while a range of combined ticket options is also available.
Those fans interested in Practice Day tickets can purchase them immediately on a first come, first served basis, while those fans interested in Match Day tickets have until midnight on Monday July 22 to apply. All Match Day applications will then be included in a ballot, with those who have been successful being notified during the week commencing Monday August 12. This includes the Golden Ticket winner.
The official ticket application process is now open on the Ryder Cup website. General Admission tickets for The 2014 Ryder Cup include a photographic image of its owner in order to prevent fraud and ticket transfers. Applicants must therefore register their photograph with Ryder Cup Europe prior to applying for tickets. For more information and how to register for tickets please visit www.rydercup.com/europe/2014tickets.