Following the success of their Hogmanay celebrations in 2012 and 2013, East Lothian are delighted to announce Hogmanay Celebrations in the Honest Toun 2014.
On Wednesday 31 December 2014 The Brunton in Musselburgh will host a day packed with fantastic, family-friendly activities to celebrate Hogmanay.
There will be lots of fun activities and performances throughout the day from 11am – 5pm and the evening celebrations will begin at 6.30pm as people gather at The Brunton for the Lantern Parade which will set off at 7pm, led by the Edinburgh Samba Band and walk-about characters, leading to Fisherrow Links for a spectacular fireworks display from 7.30 – 8pm.
There will also be a number of ticketed events. For more information go to http://www.thebrunton.co.uk/events/start/31-12-2014/end/31-12-2014
Hogmanay Celebrations in the Honest Toun are supported by East Lothian Council and through Scotland’s Winter Festivals – a programme of events funded by the Scottish Government and managed by EventScotland.
• Family Ceilidh – watch the dance display then join in! Lively daytime fun for all the family with pipers, a ceilidh band and Scottish Country dancers.
• Lantern making, craft and fact painting – come and make your lantern for the parade! Workshops throughout the day.
• Edinburgh Samba School drumming workshops – 1 hour workshops throughout the day.
• Storytelling and song from Sonsie Music – the much loved Scots counting book A Moose in the Hoose set to music for bassoon, clarinet and – audience!
• Yugen Puppet Company present Little Princess Goldtree – shows at 2pm and 4pm. A wicked stepmother, a beautiful princess and an all-knowing, all-seeing magical trout – just the ingredients needed for a fairy tale!
• Jack and the Beanstalk – The Brunton specialises in producing fun and interactive, traditional panto that is suitable for all the family, from 4 to 104! Every day from 25 Nov – 3 Jan.
Councillor Tim Day, Cabinet Spokesperson for Community Wellbeing at East Lothian Council said: “I’m delighted that East Lothian is to be part of Scotland’s Winter Festivals again. With such an exciting line up of events all rounded off with a free parade and fireworks display, there really is something for all the family to enjoy. Musselburgh is an ideal location and easy to access for people coming from East Lothian, Edinburgh and beyond. The perfect way to welcome in 2015!”
Fiona Hyslop, Cabinet Secretary for Culture and External Affairs, said: “Scotland is world-renowned for its spectacular Hogmanay celebrations and the close of what has been an eventful and historic year for us will be no exception.
“Scotland’s winter festivals: St Andrew’s Day, Christmas, Hogmanay and Burns Night – are perfect opportunities to highlight all that is great about Scotland – including our thriving contemporary culture, our rich heritage and our warm and friendly welcome.
“So once again we are proudly encouraging Scots and Scots at heart from around the world to join us to see out this incredible year in style at one of our Hogmanay events, including of course, at what promises to be a fun-packed programme of family events in the Honest Toun.”
Our Family Ceilidh and Lantern Making workshops are hugely popular so book early to avoid disappointment.
For more information and to book visit http://www.thebrunton.co.uk/events/start/31-12-2014/end/31-12-2014 or call The Brunton Box Office on: 0131 665 2240
There will be free face painting and craft activities running all day available for those with tickets to other events and food will also be available all day at The Bistro and upstairs bar.