The Scottish Clan Event Fund aims to support the growth of Clan events and expand the visitor experience across Scotland as a whole. The programme is open to Clans and Clan Societies organising events across Scotland which take place out with the cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow.
2017 has been designated the Year of History Heritage and Archaeology and will celebrate Scotland's unique history and heritage with a programme of activity aimed at supporting and driving the nation’s tourism and events sector. The year will celebrate both intangible and tangible heritage – buildings, visitor attractions, archaeological sites; as well as diverse stories, traditions and culture – with a focus on engagement and participation. EventScotland are particularly keen to hear about how planned events and activities will align with and celebrate the Year.
Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available for activities taking place in Scotland that:
- Generate economic benefits for specific regions of Scotland.
- Attract visitors from outside of Scotland to Clan events.- Involve local communities by offering opportunities for public engagement and community participation.
- Have measurable outcomes that confirm additional net spend in Scotland.
- Benefit the Clans and Clan Societies with increased visitor numbers and increased membership.
- Take place between 1 July 2017 and 31 December 2018.
- Grant applications must not exceed 25% of the overall event income.
Funding is available for activities such as:
- Strategic marketing.
- Adding a new element to the event.
- Hired equipment to improve the visitor experience.
- Hired equipment to increase capacity.
- Travel and transport to and from events in rural areas to support community engagement.
Applicants should first register a 'note of interest in applying' by contacting EventScotland between 8 April and 20 May 2016.
The deadline for applications is 26 August 2016.